A) In screening the resume the points which I ‘take care of’ particularly would be:
1) Education qualification required for the job
2)Relevant experience [I assume in line with ad specs]
3) Job stability – for me which is very important criteria
4) Location [particularly if there is no relocation package offered]
B) While screening resume, I look for three things – education, experience and age. In my view if these three parameters match with the requirment, you have a relevant candidate and you may go ahead and read the rest of resume for more details.
C) 1. The professional structure of the resume for the same reason that the candidate is not physically present and as such a resume is a proxy for him. The better the presentation the easier it is for me to have a glimpse into the candidate’s professionalism.
2. Secondly I would seek for an alignment between the job profile, the special and general skill set that is required for the best performance of the job offered.
3. The personal quallities of the candidate ie his enthusiasm and willing to go extra mile. Therein the “value-clarification” on the part of the candidate is something that will attract my attention. The more we are value-driven to do something the more we achieve in life.
And a current (1st qtr 09) concern…
D] “Unfortunately, the primary force that rules many employment decisions is the *fear of making a hiring mistake *. In these tough economic times, that’s why so few in the hiring arena take a chance on somebody. They believe if they don’t get everything right about a hire, then it’ll be their jobs on the line come next layoff.”
Update now, use the free blank resume (résumé or resumé) form, fill in the blank sections by editing/personalizing the sample statements. Spell it as you wish however you really need to do it.
…or you may wish to visit
What managers need to do & the issues to consider in the soft skills area of your role. Articles on behaviour, motivation, selling skills, competence development, teamwork & leadership. Free resume template/form and examples, write your resume to see how you are progressing with the commercial realities of what you have to offer employers.